Tiffany has the kindest heart you will meet. She has had a passion for caring for children since she herself was a little girl. She loved playing "teacher" with her younger cousins assigning work and helping them problem solve and grow. She has taken that passion above and beyond by pursuing child care and education throughout her entire life! See all of her qualifications and accomplishments that make her very qualified to teach your child:
- Regents Diploma with Honors (Schalmont High School)
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education (SUNY Fredonia)
- Minor in Earth Sciences
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Students with Disabilities
(The College of St Rose)
- NYS Professional Teaching Certifications
- Early Childhood Education (Birth - Grade 2)
- Childhood Education (Grade 1 - Grade 6)
- Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2)
- Over 10 Years Teaching Experience including:
- Taught year one (Age 5) abroad in Wales
- Substitute teacher in various schools
- Head Teacher for ages 4-5 at a NYS licensed daycare center
- Special Edu Third Grade Teacher In Albany
- Special Edu Preschool Teacher in Troy
- CPR & First Aid for Infants, Children and Adults (updated July 2016)
- Past Emergency Medical Technician (E.M.T.) certified
- Continued professional Development through various conferences and courses
Ms. Tiffany Owner & Head teacher
Mr. Gregg Substitute
Ms. Amanda joined Smart Strides in September of 2017. Previous she worked in a preschool program for 7 years.
more to follow.....
Ms. Amanda has achieved:
-Regents diploma from Schalmont High School
-Current CPR & First Aid for infant, child, and adult
-Maintains 30 hours of training pertaining to child development
Ms. Amanda Alternate Caregiver
Ms. Madyson Alternate Caregiver
Gregg is a caregiver every Friday with Ms. Tiffany. He occasionally substitutes to cover a teachers doctor appointment, sickness, or emergency so that your child does not have to miss out on any learning days! Gregg has been a registered substitute for Smart Strides since opening day in 2014. He has passed FBI State and Criminal fingerprinted background checks and he holds CPR and First Aid certifications for infants, children, and adults. While Gregg has a large amount of experience caring for children through babysitting for 16 years, he also has something that can not be taught -- an undeniable love for all children.
Gregg has one of the kindest hearts I have ever met with a huge soft spot for little ones. When he is not substituting he is stopping in for a quick hello because he absolutely loves caring for children and helping them learn and grow. He frequently can be found singing and dancing for music and movement, digging in the sensory bin to relax, or carrying a baby doll around playing house with the students.
Occasionally, Gregg will bring in Fritz (miniature pincher), Benny or Ruby (Bunnies) for a scheduled pet visit as a special treat! The children absolutely love and flock towards Gregg and love his visits!
Gregg has earned:
- Regents Diploma from Canajoharie High School
- Associates Degree in General Studies from Fulton Montgomery Community College
-CPR an First Aid for infants, children, and adults (Updated July 2016)
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
1) Ms. Tiffany 1) Ms. Tiffany 1) Ms. Tiffany 1) Ms. Tiffany 1) Ms. Tiffany
2) Ms. Amanda 2) Ms. Amanda 2) Ms. Madyson 2) Ms. Madyson 2) Ms. Madyson
Ms. Madyson has worked for Smart Strides since July of 2017. Before this she cared for her younger brother along with 8 younger cousins. She has been babysitting for 5 years and has a natural passion for children.
For 12 years Madyson was an active Girl Scouts member until graduating from High School and aging out. Through them, she taught ages kindergarten - 5th grade weekly with varying weekly topics.
Currently she attends SCCC striving to achieve her Associates Degree and eventually continuing on to a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Ms Madyson has achieved:
- Advanced Regents Diploma from Scotia High School, 2016
- Current CPR & First Aid for infant, child, and adult, Sept 2017
- Maintains 30 hours of professional development pertaining to childcare.